We are pleased to invite you to take part to a new series of weekly webinars designed to give the opportunity to early career researchers, PhD students and Post-Docs, working on topics related to Mathematics of Planet Earth, to share their work with researchers at all levels in the field.
We plan to host (via Zoom) two contributions of 30 minutes + 10 minutes discussion each on the following topics:
- PDEs and SPDEs in fluid-dynamics;
- Numerical models for fluid-dynamics;
- Dynamical systems: critical transitions and linear response in the Earth system;
- Data analysis methods for climate records.
We will kick start on Friday 8th May at 15.30 CEST (14.30 BST), with contributions from:
- Farshid Nazari (INRIA): “Dynamical core in climate models: numerical methods and test cases”;
- Claudia García (Universidad de Granada and Université de Rennes 1): “Time periodic solutions for a 3D quasi-geostrophic model”.
If you would like to participate as an attendee or a speaker in the following weeks in this exciting experiment, please fill this form or contact us at email@example.com, writing your name and affiliation, and the title of your talk, by May 7th (at midnight CEST).
For more details visit https://sites.google.com/view/mpe2020-webinars/home.
Please feel free to share this email within your communities and research groups.
For any further information please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Giulia Carigi (University of Reading and Imperial College London)
Francesca Elisa Leonelli (University La Sapienza and ISMAR-CNR, Rome)
Gabriele Sbaiz (University of Trieste and ICJ Lyon)
Milo Viviani (Chalmers University of Technology, Göteborg)