Mathematics Behind Biological Invasions
Organized by Dr. Thomas Hillen, Professor, Department of Mathematical and Statistical Sciences, University of Alberta, email@example.com and Dr. Mark Lewis, Canada Research Chair and Professor, Departments of Mathematical and Statistical Sciences and Biological Sciences, University of Alberta, firstname.lastname@example.org://www.pims.math.ca/scientific-event/130527-pimbss
05/27/13 - 06/14/13
University of Alberta, University of Alberta
The course will be based on three components: lectures, computer labs and group projects. The first two weeks will focus on the lectures and computer labs. Four international Distinguished Lecturers will give the lectures, and the computer labs will apply their lecture material to the modelling and analysis real biological invasions. The focus on the last week will be group projects where students will apply their modelling, mathematical and computational skills to solving problems in the area of biological invasions.
LIST OF PARTICIPANTS
Primary Course Organizer
· Prof. Thomas Hillen (Professor of Mathematical and Statistical Sciences, University of Alberta, Canada)
· Prof. Alan Hastings (Distinguished Professor, University of California, Davis USA)
· Prof. Mark Lewis (Canada Research Chair in Mathematical Biology, University of Alberta, Canada)
· Prof. Jonathan Sherratt (Professor of Mathematics, Heriot Watt University, UK)
· Prof. Sergei Petrovskii (Professor in Applied Mathematics, Leicester University, UK).